Responding to Surveys
Once the survey is created, it can be published to the end users in many ways. Following are the different ways a survey can be sent to the users.
- Shortcode – Get the shortcode that is displayed on the survey listing page in your survey row and add it to a WordPress page or post. The shortcode block in the gutenberg editor can be used to display the shortcodes.
- Menu item – NgSurvey comes with the menu item types to create a menu for your survey and survey category. Add the menu item to your main menu so that users can see it and access the survey.
- Campaigns – If you have installed Campaigns plugin, go to Campaigns by clicking the link in the survey row and start creating your first campaign. Please see documentation of Survey Campaigns plugin to learn more.
- Emails – If you have installed NgSurvey Emails plugin, you can configure the automated emails to send the survey invitations, for example when someone purchased a product on your WooCommerce shop or Easy Digital Downloads shop.
- Custom Invitations – Grab the survey URL by clicking on the View link on survey listing page and send it to your users manually.
Based on the method you choose, the users can access the survey and respond to it. When responding to the survey, the survey engine will automatically apply all the conditional rules to define the flow of the survey. Please see the survey creation documentation to know more about how to create conditional rules.
When a user started responding to the survey, the following events will took place.
- The survey engine will check if there is any existing response is already recorded from the same user and restrict access based on the restriction methods that you have configured in the survey.
- If the user is allowed to respond to the survey, a new response is created. If the response is already in progress, the same will be retrieved and used.
- The user information such as browser details, user id if logged in etc. will be detected and recorded to the response.
- If you are using maxmind geoip extension, the user location such as country name and city name will be recorded.
- After every page submission, the conditional rules are validated and next page will be displayed.
- The response will be marked as finalized only when user click on the Finish button on the last page.